Before you begin loading a document production, it is helpful to get a sense of what you have received. Open your production in Finder and look at what types of files were included with it.
WarRoom requires certain files in order to properly load your documents. These file types are industry standards in the eDiscovery world, so most likely they were already included with the production. If they were not included, you should be able to request them from the producing party. These are the file types you need:
- .DAT or .TXT file – this contains delimited field values for document metadata (this is usually found in a folder named DATA)
- .OPT or .LFP file – this contains delimited field values for image metadata, including a path to the images (this is usually found in a folder named DATA)
- A folder full of image files (usually named IMAGES)
- A folder full of native files (usually named NATIVES)
- A folder full of text files (usually named TEXT)